Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Return of... Survival Pilot! (And Other Such Projects)

Holy crap it's been a long time since I have posted anything here. Perhaps that's because I have busy occupied with other things, like work, and school, and what-not. Now I am finished with school, and I am searching for a full-time job. I have been working as an adjunct at some local colleges. Once I find a full-time position I will be more available to record and hopefully perform, again.

With some Christmas money, I bought an audio interface for my computer. This makes it easier to record, and record more high quality material. I have more or less figured it out, as well as the recording software, Ableton Live Lite, which I actually have had for a while but have never really used because I could never really get it to work before now. It might only be the bare bones version, but, quite frankly, that's all I need for my purposes, since I am recording with live instruments and vocals. In short, I am really upping the quality of my recordings, and I can't wait to get some stuff down, so that I can share it with you all!

I do have an album to record. The lyrics/concept/melodies are all pretty much written--I just need to figure out the music, which I do as I go along. I am also now in a band, which I hope to record. That is actually my main musical project, and you will probably be hearing more about it over time. These guys are my musical soul brothers, and sometimes when we are playing, I get chills. Maybe it's because we have been playing together for such a long time, but we have some real chemistry together.

Anyways, if I have a New Year's Resolution, it is to devote more of my creative energy on music. Maybe I am just burned out on writing, or maybe this was my first love, and my romance with it is rekindling. Anyways, as I have grown older, and become a better musician, I have realized that I get far more enjoyment of it than I do writing. That is not to say that I don't love writing, and won't continue doing it, but I feel like this is a more rewarding way to spend my free time. I can just let go, and play, and express myself.

It will probably be a while before I have anything to share, but just know that I have plans in the works, and that when I am ready, you will hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment