Thursday, April 10, 2014

Obscurity

First post of 2014!  Huzzah!  It's only... April.  Shit.  Not too much has been happening for me, musically, as school and what-not has kind of gotten in the way.  Life.  Don't you hate that?  Anyhoo...  I have been getting the itch.  That itch that I can't scratch except by making the music happen.  As school draws to a close, and I begin looking for a job, hopefully I will have more time to put to this whole thing.  It is looking pretty good, quite frankly.  If I can get a decent job, I might even have a little money to put into it for some new equipment, from time to time.  That is the dream, isn't it?  It is for me.  Writing and playing and recording and just getting creative and seeing what happens.  Self-expression is an amazing thing!  I hope to go in a lot of different directions and see what happens.  I don't want to be pinned down as this or that particularly, not that anyone is really paying attention.  That is the thing about complete or almost-complete obscurity: it allows me the freedom to do what the hell I want.  That is conducive to experimentation and outside-the-box thinking, in particular.  My goal is to hide some diamonds among Internet trash and to see who might be sifting through the world wide dumpster, looking for treasure.  Hopefully this that is trash to many is treasure to someone.  It is to me, at any rate, and I guess that is all that matters, otherwise I wouldn't continue doing it.  I feel like the ultimate judge of something that is truly artistic is whether the artist is willing to continue doing it whether or not anyone else notices.  It is not about putting up a billboard and making a scene, it's about creativity and self-expression.  Thinking about putting together some Youtube videos of my music--although, I am a bit hesitant as well.  It might help me get my music out to more people, but, then again, there are a lot of dumb people on the internet, and I don't really need their trolling in my life.  I already subject myself to it enough.  Part of me thinks that I will be happier not trying to get more people listening, that this is not about that.  I don't know.  We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment