Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Stuck on Radiohead

I can't get enough of this mesh up Radiohead's OK Computer and In Rainbows, called 0110, or 01 and 10, and the more I listen to it, the more I want to listen to it, and the more I listen to it, until I realize I have been listening to it for like six hours straight...

Here is a Youtube video of it (although, somehow their version is about 3 minutes less than the Winamp playlist I made with the albums):



Okay, after listening to a couple of the tracks, the person who made the video cross-faded the tracks together, which is really unnecessary, since it still works just by making the playlist and hearing the songs together.  Either way, it's really cool and definitely seems intentional.

I wish more bands/artists out there put more effort into their music and made attempts at doing things like this, think outside the box, create art that leaves a lasting impression.  Strive for more than sales and popularity and looking cool.  Radiohead is proof that you can do all of those things and still have artistic credibility.

There are other acts out there currently that are doing thinking outside the box and being creative and moving music as an art-form in new and interesting directions.  I am just saying that there should be even more.  That's my goal.  That's what fills me with passionate and pushes me to play guitar and improve my skills and experiment and make recordings and put together albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment